The Realest Hustlers I Know Are Women

This is a rant. I'm not going to go back and edit this. It's one in the morning.

Women Run The Dang World. These are actual facts. And not just the Instagram models with sugar daddies who own several car dealerships in San Antonio, TX.

When I got back from Russia, I worked with two Asian women entrepreneurs in Houston who had opened this really amazing little spot in East Downtown. Some of you may have been there. They're both under 35 and built a little empire that people really seem to enjoy. Good food, dope atmosphere, and most important it's something different. They've got good hands on deck helping them but for the most part--that business is booming. I worked in the main office and I saw the numbers.

They making bank.

Women in medicine. I know like one dude my age who is an actual doctor. The rest of the doctors I know are women. That's a grand total of over a dozen. At least half of them are Black. I dated two of them. One is my closest friend (hey Dr. Nwosu). First time I met this one doctor lady in the museum district in Houston, I made jokes at the bar and she loved them. She paid for all my food and drinks (before I could even get my wallet) and I felt like I owed her a sexual favor... Seriously, that's never happened to me ever nor has it happened since. The other doctor was from up north and found her way to Texas and she was super confused (as are most people who trade time and space between North and South) but also hella paid. German SUV and all kinds of immaculateness in her midtown townhouse.

Ladies if you're reading this... don't get your hopes up too high for the fellas. Y'all getting all the money out there. Healing, lawyering, and petroleum engineering. I'm a writer and I do OKAY. Unlike a young lady I know getting hella gwapo from HBO... job I'd kill for.

My ex has basically taken over NPR.

I'm not mad at successful women at all. I'd be mad if it was a black dude from a small Texas village out there killing it in the writing game getting all the big studios and book deals. That would be hard to watch.

I edit two blogs for women with a combined Instagram following total of about 60k.  The best engineers I know are all women too. Creative and efficient. Like really good at doing both.

It's not a recent phenomenon. I've got women in my family who have been on hot streaks their entire life. I have an aunt who is a judge, another in fashion/design, my mother has been in education administration for over 25 years.

What I'm saying is this. I have like maybe two or three male friends who getting big time money. And they all work jobs they complain about every day. Women understand complaining is money/time wasted.

Just don't forget to love. Ladies your hard work and dedication to your career and the money that comes with it is commendable. And don't let anyone get in your way of being the successful (profession of your choice) you see yourself becoming.

But.

Love and compassion are more real than any job title or promotion.

This was written out of respect and love for all the people mentioned in this.

Also in the Black Panther movie when the King of Wakanda had all female body guards everyone thought it was SO amazing. But when Gaddafi did it people said he was a madman...  Let me chill.

Comments

  1. I love it!!!! ❤️ Refreshing to hear this perspective from a man. Thanks for acknowledging us- we love and need y’all too. Xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

More Opportunity Less Community

Love My People

Schooling Putin Sample